Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A beginning at blogging


In this blog, I am going to share in real time what I am doing with my art. I am also going to share some of my philosophy connected and disconnected with my art. At the moment I am in a very changing and creative time. I have 4 paintings currently being juried to see if I can join the McGuffey art Center in Charlottesville VA. as an associate artist. I should know by the end of the month. I now have the base color painted for my next painting. This is the photo sketch for it. The motivating thought is of the disconnected lives we live. The vacation can become about the pictures rather than the event in its self. I will start painting tomorrow. I want comments, because I think art must be not only self-expression, but it must make a connection with the viewers.


1 comment:

  1. I like it, particularly vibrant umbrella and slightly concerning reflection. So many people do get more obsessed with the gift shop and photos that with the experience. (not that I know any of them)

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete