Saturday, June 18, 2011

No Gallery representation.

Spring Driveway 8" x 10"

Yesterday I went and picked up my paintings, about 12 or 14 of them from the gallery that has been representing me. I had only sold one from there and they were not being displayed, which explains a lot. They had been there for quite a long time. My stile most certainly has changed over the years. Now the search begins for a gallery that will truly represent me, and will be a good fit for my work. Much of what I was doing was trying to fit into the under $80 range. the direction of my heart though is not churning out pretty little trinkets. I am no longer aiming for a dollar amount market. I do have to come up with a clear business plan though. I shall do that as soon as I have time. I was able to do a little more on my beach painting yesterday, but the two days off were rather full. Oh for the ability to paint full time! I share one of the little paintings I picked up yesterday. It is a small oil sketch of a forested drive way in spring. The problem is ... what to do with them now? When I was painting this lot I intended to put them on E-Bay for more than a dollar. Maybe it would be good to go ahead with that to clear my back stock of paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment